Friday, September 9, 2011

In Real Life






5-Minute Friday time! ... where you just write for five minutes without worrying whether it's just right or not. I'm linking up with the Gypsy Mama for today's topic: In Real Life

Go.

Just yesterday I told a friend that I’ve really been concentrating on living my life on purpose. Choosing on purpose what I do with my time…what books I read, what television I watch, what friends I have. In July, after a year of watching nothing but 24 episodes on DVD and taking care of babies, I found myself discouraged and disgusted with what I was doing with my life. No wonder I was disgruntled. As thrilling as living through Jack Bauer’s life was, it was no living…not really. It wasn’t real.

So now, I’m living on purpose…really living…living real. I want my experiences to be with real people, with real feelings. I want real memories and to be able to tell real stories over the dinner table. I’m done with wasting breath in front of the television. I want to go to bed every night tired….tired from really living. From really laughing…from really crying…from really experiencing. I want to be tired from real life…from living real.

Stop.

5 comments:

  1. stepped over here from 5 minute friday.. just had to shout glory.. in real life really living.. that is the cry of my heart to.. God bless you as you really live. What powerful words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many of us are so enthralled with those glowing boxes (whether it be tv, computer, ipod or smart phone) that we forget to look up and experience the life that is waiting for us.
    Life is messy and complicated, but meant to be experienced to the full. Enjoy your new purposeful living! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life IS worth living...really living like you so beautifully expressed. And like you, I want to be "really living, living real" every moment.

    Thanks for sharing from your heart and blessing mine~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious post! I understand what you mean. For years I had a routine of watching so much more TV than I do now. I mostly see cartoon at this point (daughter is 6). :o)

    Aren't we blessed to HAVE real life? God is good to us!

    Such a blessing to meet you! Thank you for coming over and following. I am receiving your posts via email. I look forward to knowing you better.

    If you don't hear from me much the next month or two - know it is due to us opening our farm to the public for a corn maze. B U S Y! :o)

    God bless you! Visit often.
    Beth

    http://mydestinysharinghope.com

    ReplyDelete